Saturday, January 29, 2022

Saturday Doings

I worked in the kitchen this morning...mainly doing a little cleaning. The main accomplishment was mopping the floor. I continue to be so pleased with my floor choice for the kitchen...Luxury vinyl plank. It is very easy to care for. Nathan dropped by just as I was getting underway with the floor so that got put on hold for a bit. He swept the snow off the ramp (not much this time and it was dry snow) and then figured out what to do with some tarps that he got for us to attempt to be able to cover the ramp when snow/ice is predicted. We'll see if this idea works...not out much money nor much effort if it doesn't! Did you miss me? I just went down to get Woody's dialysis treatment started for tonight. We needed it to start a little earlier tonight so it will be sure to be finished in the morning in time for us to head off to church early. We are both teaching our respective Sunday School classes tomorrow. I worked on finalizing my lesson a good part of the afternoon. I got it finished and then tried to print it out and our black ink is out on the printer...not a good thing...I knew that it was getting low, but thought we still had some left. I ended up printing my lesson with purple letters rather than black...at least there was a way to get around the "no-more-black ink" problem! I ordered ink right away so we hopefully won't be out for very long. When I went back downstairs, I mentioned to Woody that he might have to work his crossword puzzles on his computer tomorrow. He said that he couldn't as his computer had shut down. I got to checking and he was getting a major error message telling hin not to shut down and to call a certain number. Something seemed fishy...even though the page that was showing this message looked just like a Microsoft page. I went back upstairs and got my iPad and checked and sure enough it was a pop-up add that could give you a problem if you did what it said to do. It took a bit to figure out how to shut it down, but we managed it and all is well with his computer once again...just beware of these pop-up ads...they really do look legit! This voice keeps telling that whatever you do, don't shut down your computer and to immediately call the number to Microsoft that they provide. All's well that ends well! About the time I started setting up Woody's dialysis treatment s for tonight, I realized that my eyes were doing weire things...and, I realized that I waw probably getting a migraine...these days I get one rarely...mine start out with sort of a blind spot and then that spot grows bigger and becomes sort of whirly. If I take Tylenol fairly soon ane close my eyes for a while it usually passes pretty soon and without too bad of a headache. Of course, tonight I needed to get Woody's treatment going...and, by the time I was finished setting him up my eyes had settled down. I took a couple of extra-strength Tylenol and so far so good...at least I can see to type this! But ready to not look at the screen much longer. Probably my plans to stitch tonight will be put on hold till tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment