Friday, January 21, 2022

Busy Friday

The day started out busy...needing to get Woody disconnected from his dialysis cycler and then we decided to go on and do the manual drain as the overnight treatment had left a large amount of solution inside him along with the extra fill. I decided that we would just arbitrarily drain him immediately after finishing his treatment, if he has overly excessive fluid left in him, so he can have room for breakfast! I was also trying to make his slaw for his lunch and get his breakfast. All that before I left the house to work in the church library...well, I got him finished with his treatment plus the drain and changed dressing on his drain site and fed him breakfast. I also got the dressing made for the slaw. That dressing needed to cool so at least I knew it would ge cooled by the time I got home! At that point, I needed to get myself ready to head to church. I was only a "little" late! Donna and I haven't had library work days in a loooooong time. It was good to get back at it! We did maintenance and then got to work trying to fill some memorials which turned into a book order, too. We managed that and it was time to close shop for this work session. On my way home I tried to drop off some paper work that Fresenius needed, but they didn't answer the phone so I drove on home. I figured that the nurses were busy with patients and couldn't answer the phone. I was calling from their parking lot. I got home and it was time for lunch...but I had to put the slaw together before I could put Woody's lunch in front of him. I managed that and ate some lunch myself. It is a really cold day and I decided that it was a good day to clean my oven...to add that extra heat to the kitchen and hopefully add a little more to Woody's room...he was buried under throws! I haven't used the oven cleaning feature too many times...but I will say it does a good job. A few minites ago I felt a little like the witch in Hansel and Gretel as I had my head in the oven! It has cooled enough so I could wipe the oven out. I still have to move to the other side of the oven door and finish on that side. It would be easier if I took the oven door off...which I have been shown how to do by the repairman...but I am just afraid that I might not be able to get it back on and I wasn't feeling very adventurous at this time of night! We are waiting for the solution to warm up for Woody's dialysis for tonight. He has moved over to his bed. So in a little while I will get his treatment started for the night. When it gets to this point in our day things are about to settle down...Woody will either go to sleep or watch a little more TV and I'll get the dishwasher going and finish wiping out the oven and then head up to my recliner and either read or stitch till I fall asleep...day is about done and busyness is about to quiet down...a peaceful time of day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment