Saturday, January 15, 2022

Winter Weather Warning

Tonight's photo is still from Marie's and my barn trip on New Year's Eve day, but I chose it for tonight's blog photo because the sky looks like a snowy sky. A little while ago the weather service changed our winter weather watch to a warning...meaning that they are more sure that we will be getting snow and/or ice. Now, at the moment, you would never think that snow was even in the forecast. It is raining and 40°...all this moisture and falling trmperatures over night are supposed to be leading to a wet and heavy snow. I think that in this instance, seeing is believing!! When it comes to snow, it is a weatherman's nightmare in our neck of the world...rather hard to predict and we are often on the edge of these storms...a few miles one way or the other makes a vast difference in the outcome...as does when the temperature drops. Tullahoma is right on the edge of yes/no snow this time! We had a nice visit with Melany. She left right after breakfast since she wanted to get ahead of the rain...which she really didn't as it was drizzling a little as she left. But she got home safely and I'm sure they are getting ready for snow as they are in the area of "pretty sure to get" snow. And, we are only 45 minutes away from each other. I have taken it easy this afternoon and have been stitching on my sampler...getting very close to finishing. I would like to get it finished tonight, but not sure that is possible. I'm stitching on the last house...just needs windows, a door and a roof...then there is a flag pole, two trees, and some bushes. It just depends on how willing my eyes are to stay open! Woody and I ran a quick errand this afternoon with one stop at Arby's. Woody hadn't had a classic roast beef in a while since we aren't going to Nashville these days. When we came home, he put the car in the garage. So I guess we are ready for whatever weather comes our way...praying that the power stays on...wet, heavy snow can be rough on power lines! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment