Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Putting Things in Perspective

The eggs in the first photo may not show their real size as well as the second photo. These are quail eggs from the quail that Esther and the rest of the crew hatched a while back. I have been enjoying them scrambled for breakfast. Nathan recommends hard cooking them...maybe we will have teeny tiny deviled eggs! Nathan, Esther, and Isaac stopped by today to check on a tire that was registering low on our Fusion and also put our new TN license plate on our Fusion. They took the car to air up the tire and also get gas for us...in the meanwhile they took it home and several of the grandkids washed it for us! Hope they managed to do that without getting too wet on this January afternoon...mild...but not all that mild! It really is a white car...not a speckled grayish color! Isaac has finished the first book in the Boxcar Children series. Sounds like he liked it and hopes to add to his collection. The collection included a list of all the titles in the series...149 titles! Our delivery of dislysis supplies arrived around 9:15 this morning. Before the delivery got here, I got a call from Woody's Fresenius nurse saying that they needed to redo part of the labs that were done last week. It sounded like the weather caused a delay in running some of the tests and by the time they got to run the one to check his hemoglobin, the sample was too old to do it. So about an hour after the delivery, Woody's nurse showed up to draw blood. Busy kidney/dialysis morning! I still haven't gotten all the boxes put where they go...there is always tomorrow! Putting a few of them where they go means moving several other boxes and I decided that I would rather do that when I am rested in the morning. I made Shrimp Creole for my supper tonight...pretty good if I do say so myself! I had an extra coupon for the shrimp that was already on "sale" (if anything these days can be considered a good sale)..but needing no more than I did it made it fairly reasonable...for these days and times. And, it was good to have something that I don't have very often. Woody still doesn't want tomato based recipes. Well, it is time to get his dialysis treatment ready for tonight...seems like I just said that to you! But I keep thinking about Woody who has to be attached to the machine for so many hours...not fun...especially if he can't sleep. I don't think he slept the best last night, but he made up for the sleep loss this afternoon...he was sound asleep for quite a while...he even missed Family Feud...almost unheard of in his daily routine! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Try to make what I heard the other day not come true...I heard that it is not about "if" you get Covid, but "when" you get it! I pray that isn't true for you who are reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment