Thursday, January 27, 2022

An Anniversary…Of Sorts!

Woody asked me to marry him 54 years ago tonight. Where have those years gone? AND, would we ever have imagined what would be going on in our lives 54 years from January 27, 1968! Tonight's photo shows my cooking efforts of the day...Cream of Chicken Florentine. A good soup for a ladies' luncheon...reason I got out the cream soup bowl and saucer from our "good" china for me to enjoy my lunch! This china was my Aunt Lois'. The set has some very pretty serving pieces. These cream soup bowls with the double handles are my favorites of the place setting pieces. I tried to call to order dialysis supplies this morning, but the message said that I was still "in line." So I decided I wouldn't walk around with the phone to my ear and would just let them call me. I got the call almost exactly 24 hours from when I placed my call to them yesterday! Better late than never?!? At least the order is placed. I had trouble convincing him that I needed more gloves than they had been sending me. I "think" that we ended the conversationn with him going to call our nurse to get more ordered. I don't know where only sending four boxes came from...three or so orders ago they sent a whole case of gloves. Guess it depends on who you talk to when ordering. I think that the women are more cooperative with the orders than the men...maybe I am prejudiced?!? I opened the last box that they sent me last and that box will probably only last five days. I have already ordered another box when I made a medical supply order through Amazon...but guess I should have ordered two as it's two weeks till delivery and I figure that I only have enough for about five days. And, I am changing gloves at the times that our nurses told me to in training. If Woody was setting up his own dialysis, he wouldn't have to wear gloves since it is his own germ field...so some such that they told us! But I have to change gloves everytime I turn around...or so it seems. The other day I decided to find out just how many so each time I changed gloves I put them on the ground so I could count them at the end of setting up, connecting him, disconnecting him, and doung the manual drain...which is what one dialysis treatment consists of...the number of gloves on the floor? 20...so a box of 100 lasts me 5 days. We'll see if I end up getting more than four boxes for a month. I know that our nurses will approve it if the orderer does call them. Well, it is time to go get Woody's treatment going for tonight! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment