Thursday, January 6, 2022

More Reality

We got a slow start to the day...just not moving very fast in this cold wintry day. We were watching to see if it was going to be safe to go to Woody's appointment with his nurse at the kidney center. We started out the day with freezing rain...not snow...would have preferred snow...it's prettier! Melany started sending me pictures...45 minutes away and they started out with snow. About 9:30 Woody's nurse called and said that if we wanted to we could come in early. So we got ourselves in gear and headed their way. Our main problem was our ramp which had about a half inch of slush on it...Woody swept with the broom as I rolled him down the ramp...praying all the while that my feet would stay under me! We made it to the car and the rest of the trip was smooth sailing...just wet roads, His nurse got him in and out quickly as we were his last patient and they were told to go on home as soon as they got through with their patients. When we got home, I left Woody in the car and I swept the ramp getting rid of the thin layer of slushy ice that was left. Whether I will be able to move tomorrow is the question we are left with! I did take a nice nap this afternoon after my ramp clearing efforts. I have also done a little stitching and am fast approaching my first finish of 2022...an ornament. I am hoping to have it finished this evening. Woody continues to work on his new crossword puzzle books...doing many more than his goal of two crosswords a day! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment