Sunday, December 26, 2010

Another Snow(y) Day!


This morning we woke up to the ground AND the roads white...which meant in my mind that probably there would be ice under the white on the roads since the roads were wet last night. I turned on the computer to see if there was any news posted about church. The first word that we got via email was that we were going to have church services today...then about ten minutes later we got another email that said that our pastor had gone outside and that services were cancelled! So we have had a lazy, stay-at-home, quiet day. Graham and Abigail came over to show us some ipod holders that they had made. On their way out the door they spotted the pickle presents that had never been played with on Friday...so they headed towards them and I went to the phone to tell their parents that they had gotten side tracked! Shortly after that Joy arrived so she could check out the new things also. They had fun and then one by one they drifted back to their house...Graham being the last hold-out...staying till it was their lunch time. While they were here Woody and I helped them with a couple of the brain-teaser puzzles that they had gotten. Woody and Graham conquered one of the puzzles...but there is another one that is still on the floor not conquered yet! Graham and I also set up and started playing a geography game that they got.
Woody attended church via TV, has watched football and a DVD or two, rested, worked crossword puzzles, and read. I came upstairs to the sewing room after lunch and started watching a Christmas DVD that Nathan and family gave me...vintage Christmas classics...cartoons and shorts and also old Christmas movies. I haven't gotten through all the cartoons and shorts yet. I took a short nap this afternoon. I also filled out the rebate form (trying to follow all instructions so it won't be void!) for the photo software that Woody gave me for Christmas. I worked/played some with the software...some of the results you see in tonight's blog pictures...I used several of the special effects so you could see that it was snowing at the time that I took these pictures today. I haven't been successful in getting my computer and wireless printer to talk to each other this afternoon so haven't been able to print anything or scan the things that I wanted to scan so I could recycle the items after I scanned and saved them on the computer. Oh, well, maybe tomorrow I'll hold my mouth just the right way and all will work!
Now that Christmas is behind us, I have to start thinking about making reservations for a hotel in Bethesda. Woody has scans and doctor appointments on January 5th and 6th at NIH. We are planning to drive so be praying for good weather/road conditions! I wouldn't mind seeing snow...just not on the roadways!

No comments:

Post a Comment