Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Tea

I'm enjoying my first cup of "Christmas tea" while I blog. My herbal raspberry tea seems to taste better in a Christmas mug! I'm also listening to Josh Groban's "Noel" CD...'tis the season!

This morning I remembered to call back the Vanderbilt research nurse. She called us while we were away and left a message. She was checking in with us...it seems that one or another of the research nurses calls us about every two months. She was very happy to hear that Woody is doing so well. I did find out that the "treatment," that at one time the closest place to get it was in Knoxville, is now being done at Vanderbilt...so if down the road Woody should need it, we won't have to travel so far. She asked about the pain in Woody's shoulder and I told her that the medication that they prescribed at NIH seems to be working great.

It's a cold day here with a cold wind blowing. It only made it to 32 F according to Weather Bug. It is now 25 F. It is supposed to get into the teens tonight. Despite the cold temperatures, Woody walked to the community center and spun for about 50 min. Then he walked home. He has been reading. He must have finished a book, as he just asked if I had more books that I had ordered for the church library (he's usually first to get his hands on a lot of the non fiction for our library...a husband of the library director perk?!). I told him that there were two boxes of books that I haven't had time to open from the book order that arrived while we were away...so he is a happy camper!

I ran a couple of errands this afternoon and then came back to more decorating. The Beyer's Carolers are all in their places in the living room. A small Christmas tree has been decorated with about 50 miniature cross stitch ornaments that I cross stitched years ago for my aunt. Shortly the "only" thing that will be need to be done in the living room is putting the ornaments on the BIG tree. That is one BIG job! As soon as I blog I am going to turn on my sewing machine for the first time since getting home from AZ. Time to start stitching out a few Christmas ornaments! I did get the family room's decorating completely done last night...so nice to have one room that is minus all the decorating mess...boxes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment