Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too much time on his hands?????

I will leave you, our blog readers, to be the judges, as to whether Woody has too much time on his hands. I left to get my hair cut this morning and was gone a little over an hour. When I returned home, I found this lamp shade covered with wrapping paper. I asked him where he had gotten the idea and he said from a television show. He had watched Rachel Ray and she had a guest on this morning who claims he can wrap anything. He then proceeded to wrap everything in Rachel Ray's kitchen...including a lamp...and thus the idea was born!!!!!!!! Woody says that he will improve on the pattern with the next one. There's going to be a next one??????!!!!!!!!!!! That remains to be seen! When I told my sister what he had done, she told the tale of one her customers who came in each year to buy new wrapping paper. This lady wrapped all the pictures on her walls to look like packages! Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell Woody...he will be doing that next!!!!!

Woody walked to the community center this afternoon. He spun for over an hour this time. On the way home he stopped at the fruit market and got some apples. Nathan and Kathy raked a ton of leaves down to the road for us today. Elijah was outside with them. One time when I opened the door, he was on the front porch, so I invited him in. He played tea party for a while...which consists of taking the dolls out of their chairs so he can sit in the chairs himself and then he pretends to cut the play cakes and goodies and pretends to drink and eat. When Woody got back from spinning, Elijah immediately went to him with a book. He loves Woody to read EIEIO to him. I have been packing up things that have been gathering on the dining room table...getting ready to decorate the dining room table and the top of the china cabinet. But next I will do the little that gets done in the kitchen....in the space between the top of the cabinets and the ceiling...that requires lots of going up and down the step ladder...but I think that I have found all the trees that go up there. That space already looks Christmasy since it is filled with lots of different things that have to do with apples (acquired while teaching!) so I just add a few trees to give it that Christmas touch. I have hung a few ornaments on the tree...about 10...that means about 700 to go!!!!!!!!! Woody said that I could stop with what I have put on...but I think not! He can cover lamp shades...I will hang ornaments!

I made marinara sauce this afternoon to have on some of the whole wheat pasta that we bought while in Maryland last. Then a little after we finished supper, a friend stopped by to see if I had some buttons that she needed. She brought two squares of a yummy dessert in exchange for the two buttons that she took! We definitely came out on the better side of that deal! After Woody ate his dessert, he headed off walking to church for his time in the prayer room.



1 comment:

  1. I am loving it! If he runs out of lamps there, send him my way!

    ReplyDelete