Friday, December 17, 2010

Birthday Eve

Since a week from today is Christmas Eve...this must be Birthday Eve...since Woody's birthday is one week before Christmas! Woody got up early this morning. Once again I was a slug-a-bed. Woody walked to the community center and spun for an hour. On the way home he stopped at the fruit market and bought apples and tomatoes and then he stopped at the pharmacy to pick up one of his prescriptions. Later this afternoon he went to the grocery store as I needed a couple of things so I can make him birthday pie tomorrow. Elijah (1) came over to see Goosey this afternoon. He walked into the family room and said "EIEIO" to Goosey...a request for Woody to read "Old MacDonald Had a Farm."

Today has been a technology nightmare...all that was needed was a 2-inch picture of Joy for her passport. Well, Nathan's printer printed the picture in tones of green. So he sent the picture by email to me so I could attempt to print it out here. Well.............hours later we (Nathan and I) finally did get a picture that conformed with the government requirements...at least we think that we have one they will accept...time will tell! Abigail (7) came over late this afternoon and read a couple of stories to me and then Woody and I both read some books to her. She ended up staying and helping me make a casserole...she's a good help in the kitchen!

I was ready when it was time to take my "supper" medicine...and when I went to take it I realized why I was so ready...I hadn't taken my "breakfast" medicine. So I am still waiting for the meds to kick in! I don't think that Woody understands how I can forget to take it...but if I get out of routine (and lately there hasn't been a lot of routine) I do forget...at least that is my excuse! Perhaps another excuse...'Tis the Season!


No comments:

Post a Comment