Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

Wow! What a day! Melany, Wade, Erin & Alex arrived around 9am and the festivities got underway. I think that the neighbors (Nathan, Kathy, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah) were watching for Aunt Melany and Uncle Wade to arrive because they arrived very shortly after they drove up. We unwrapped presents, played with presents, one took naps (Elijah took two while here today), ate, played some more, etc. It was a very busy fun-filled day. Tonight's picture is courtesy of Erin (17) our oldest granddaughter. She and Alex had this "thing" going with Esther and Mr. Bear. Esther was trying to keep possession of it and they kept trying to steal him away. We only had a couple of tears out of this game. In the end Erin spirited Mr. Bear away to a new hiding place and put the glasses on him and placed the Merry Christmas card in his paw and left him sitting on my laptop keyboard. Erin then went down and asked Esther if she knew where Mr. Bear was and Esther said "yes." And, that seemed to end the game...Esther thought she knew where he was so she never realized that he had been taken again! Erin brought me upstairs to see where she had put Mr. Bear and suggested that I take a picture and use it for the blog...so here it is!

When I left the family room to come up to write tonight's blog, Woody was resting. He said that he was "sleepy." I say that I am "tired!" Woody washed just about every dish by hand after our Christmas lunch and while he was doing that I put food away and then started putting dishes away. When Woody took a bit of a break from the dishes, Kathy took over and finished washing what was left and I continued to put them away. Melany and family left around 4:30 and the neighbors minus Elijah left a little after that. Elijah was still napping. When he woke up he came downstairs and sat in Goosey's lap while he totally woke up and then Kathy came and got him. Melany and family are heading back to get ready for their family Christmas tomorrow which is to be held at their house this year...I know that if I were them I would still have quite a bit to do to get ready! Nathan and family headed home so they could go to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at our church. Woody and I just sat and stared ahead of us at the news and found it hard to move! I found myself trying to doze and I knew that I had better get upstairs and blog or I would go to sleep and might not wake up till morning! My excuse for being so tired...adrenalin has stopped flowing! Woody's excuse for being so sleepy...he didn't get in his morning and afternoon naps today! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment