Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Busy Day!

Woody was grocery shopping before 7am. He went to both WalMart and Kroger. He also got gas for the car. He came home and put all the groceries away as I was being a "slug-a-bed" (as Woody would call me since I slept in). Mid-morning Woody walked to the community center and spun for 48 min. I headed into the sewing room after I got up and made another Christmas ornament. Then this afternoon I made Chicken and Sausage Gumbo...quite a few steps to the finished product but well worth the effort...yum! Woody has been reading and working crossword puzzles this afternoon and evening and going behind me cleaning up my cooking messes.

Tonight's picture was taken on Monday...our snowy day this week. The snow blew up on our front porch and decorated the objects on a little table that is right next to the house. Tonight we are predicted to have freezing rain. I think that we may be right on the edge of it and hopefully won't have many problems...time will tell. I got a phone call from the school system two counties away around noon...telling me that they were letting out two hours early due to predicted inclement weather that was supposed to arrive about the time that school would let out and they wanted to get school buses on their way before the bad weather hit. We received that call because we are an emergency contact number for our two oldest grandchildren who go to school in that county. Melany called when she got home to let me know that they had gotten out early and I told her that I already knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment