Monday, December 27, 2010

Last Monday of 2010

I don't think that I ever posted a picture of our Christmas tree this year. Of course this was taken earlier in the month as there are no longer gifts under the tree now! We have pretty much had a lazy day...me more than Woody. Woody walked about four miles this afternoon. It is still pretty nippy around out, but the sun did come out today and the temperatures rose just slightly above freezing for a short while. Graham called this morning wanting to come over to finish the geography game that we started yesterday. Then after a while Abigail and Esther came over and the three of them stayed till it was time for their lunch. Joy was at the doctor...her throat was bothering her...no problem with her ears and the initial test said that it wasn't strep...we just want her to feel her perky self quickly! After lunch I worked in the sewing room...multitasking...sewing (machine embroidery which sews by itself except for changing thread and I was doing something that was all white) and sorting pictures and watching a couple more of the old Christmas cartoons/shorts. The cutest one that I watched today was made in 1970..."Santa Claus and the Three Bears." I am trying to get caught up on sorting pictures. When I download them they go into a folder for that day in a file that is called "photos to be sorted"...well, there are lots of days that haven't gotten sorted into their right month and/or category so I am working on that this week. Kathy, Graham and Abigail came over later in the afternoon. Graham wanted me to serge a seam that was raveling on his juggling balls bag that he got for Christmas. Abigail and Graham sorted the buttons that Abigail had cut off some old shirts and pants of Woody's. And, Kathy downloaded some of my pictures that they wanted. Kathy took home one of the brain teaser puzzles and was back shortly with it all done. I have worked on one of the other brain teaser puzzles this evening...so far it isn't together! Woody has read, worked crossword puzzles, and watched some TV today.

I guess tomorrow I will have to start trying to get our hotel reservations for next week. Looks like the East coast is getting or predicted to get lots of snow...hope that it will be through snowing and that all roads will be clear next week! I will email the research nurse and tell her that we will be needing to stay in Bethesda Tuesday night as Woody's tests start early in the morning on Wednesday. She will then put in the okay with the voucher people. I think that it is best that we are driving as it looks like air travel will be backed up due to all the bad weather! If the weather is too bad for us to drive we will notify them to reschedule Woody's appointments. At this stage in the study a slight delay shouldn't be a problem. The fact that we haven't been for two months makes it seem like forever since we were there last! It seems like forever since we were in AZ, too...but a month ago we were still there...going to Glendale Glitters.

I am having some computer problems...so if I miss a post figure that we are fine and that it is the computer that is sick and is seeing the computer doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment