Monday, December 13, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!!

What fun ALL the children had...including the children's parents! The children's grandparents enjoyed the cold and snow from the inside...well, Woody did sweep steps and sidewalks several times hoping to keep anyone from slipping. One by one the children drifted in to warm up with hot chocolate and then watched PBS and/or played. This afternoon Woody and I watched the dvd that Nathan has produced of all that they have done this year. Fun to watch and see how each of the children has grown during the year...especially Elijah.
I added Christmas to the shadow box in the kitchen (I think I am finished decorating now...but then I might still want to do the greenery on the staircase...just can't decide if I want to put out the effort). I'm really ready for Woody to pack up the Christmas closet and get all these boxes out of sight! I published the blog collage before I meant to tonight and am having to type after and it insists on making me type from the center so there is no telling what it will look like.
This evening Woody has been resting in his recliner...I think more resting than crossword puzzle doing or reading has been happening. It has been a fun day. I'll bet the neighbor children sleep well tonight. I just hope that their parents can move tomorrow! They had quite a workout today...building forts, pulling sleds, snow ball fights, snow angels...even Nathan made quite a large snow angel and Esther made her first snow angel...a rather small one compared to her daddy's! I think that fun was had by all and we really enjoyed the impromptu snow party held at our house. Nathan and Kathy got to have some of the leftover wassail that I made for yesterday's party.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment