Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Raining! It's Pouring!

It has been dreary all day. It started raining this afternoon and it doesn't look like it will let up any time soon. Wonder if it will turn to snow!

Woody got up super early and walked eight miles. When I got up this morning, I headed straight to the kitchen to start making wassil (the way my college recipe spells it). I am making it for my ladies' Sunday School Christmas party that is tomorrow. Once it is put together and brought to the boiling point it has to sit for 12 hours...still sitting! Once the wassil got to its sitting stage, I started in again on the tree. I finally got it finished around 3pm. Hip-hip-hooray! Now to run the vacuum and pick up a few other things and the living room will be presentable and ready for Christmas once again!

Woody went to the library and stopped at the drugstore to pick up some of my prescriptions. The little girls came over and watched the new Christmas Veggie Tales DVD (a perk of being the church librarian's grandchildren...get to watch them before they are processed!). Woody has watched DVD's, read, worked crossword puzzles, and helped pack back some of the ornament boxes. He has a big job ahead of him...repacking the Christmas closet with all the boxes that I have emptied!

I am now in the midst of making a pot of soup and waiting for it to come to a boil before I add the next ingredients. That about sums up our day. I don't know about Woody, but I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment