Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas in the Neighborhood

Woody and I both got up early today (Woody a bit earlier than I). I started right in on making two yummy jello salads/desserts...Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Woody did have to run to the store while I was making the salads as he had only gotten enough strawberries for one salad...oops! I made one for us and one for the neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and family). After it got all put together and had jelled a bit, we took it over and put it in their refrigerator. They were away so it was a surprise for when they returned. We planned to go on a walk around the neighborhood and into the next subdivision so I could take pictures of some of the wreaths and other decorations...but a light rain kept us from going for a while. Finally it let up enough for us to head out. I did take a plastic bag in my pocket to cover my camera in case it started raining again...which it did. We were rather damp by the time we got back home. The temperatures had warmed up some...but it was still rather chilly due to it being so damp and rather windy.

Woody took it upon himself to get the boxes back in the Christmas closet today. That is quite a job! I am very pleased to have them out of the upstairs hall. Woody read and worked crossword puzzles this afternoon and I have worked on scanning some articles into the computer that I want to keep, but want to rid myself of a stack of magazines..not exactly something that I needed to do at this time, but I saw the pile of things and decided to lessen the stack...and the printer/scanner was talking to the computer so took advantage of that! I listened to Christmas Cd's while doing that. Just before I came upstairs a little while ago, Woody put in a DVD to watch. I got a call from the neighbors a little earlier this evening questioning us as to whether we had run out of room in our refrigerator and were using space in theirs...I could hear in the background that the children were happy to learn it was for them to eat (parents were happy too)!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment