Thursday, December 2, 2010

Busy December Thursday

Tonight's picture is a Texas sunrise that I took while we were traveling down the road two days ago. You can see how flat the land was on that part of the Texas panhandle and you can see grain elevators on the horizon.

I have done a little more decorating...mainly getting boxes placed in the rooms that I plan to use the items in. The dining room table is getting fuller as I take more things off shelves, etc. After blogging, I plan to put out our Precious Moments nativity set. I went to the church library for several hours this afternoon. Another library worker and I got out Christmas books to put on display. As I left the house to go to the church, Woody headed out the door to walk to the community center. He spun on an exercise bike for a half hour and then walked back home. He has helped me get boxes down and put empty boxes away. This evening I have placed a couple of orders for Christmas presents.

Before I could post tonight's blog, Nathan called needing help with eye drops. Kathy was away and he had gotten something in his eye. The children were all upstairs when I got over there. Joy happened to come down and spotted me. She tore off upstairs to inform the rest that Grammy was downstairs. So I got lots of hugs...minus Elijah...he was already asleep. Abigail is so excited...she and Graham are going to be in Tullahoma's Christmas parade tomorrow night. They are going to be on our church's float. Abigail told me that they are supposed to wear hundreds of pairs of underwear to keep warm! The parade night always seems to be one of the coldest nights of the year! Graham and Nathan juggled for me...Graham has learned how to pass balls while he is juggling. They set a new record while I was over there...11 passes before dropping. Nathan's eye was obviously better since he was able to juggle! The children were all excited because they had discovered that Christmas presents had been put under the tree. I told them that I had been ordering some Christmas presents just before going over to their house. Graham guessed that I was ordering the "pickle present." I told him that some people were pretty good guessers...he gave me a big grin!

While we were gone this afternoon, we got a message left on the answering machine from one of Dr. Sosman's research nurses. She was just checking on how things are going for Woody...they check periodically. I will call her back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment