Sunday, December 12, 2010

Get to the Manger!

What a busy Sunday! Woody and I got up and went to Sunday School...snow was in the air and on the yards and on the streets! Woody taught Sunday School. After Sunday School Woody and I parted ways...he went home and I went to my ladies' Sunday School Class Christmas party. What a fun time we had...lots of laughs, good food, good fellowship...we have such fun when we are together! This year instead of meeting in one of our homes, one of our members hosted it at a home built in the 1800's in Normandy, TN. It is now called "Petticoat Junction." It is used for different functions from dinner parties to scrapbooking parties, etc. We all brought food...and we are such GOOD cooks that we all walked away probably just a little bit too full (I wasn't interested in eating supper tonight!) After we ate we had our annual ornament exchange. I read the story about the Right Family and once again...though we have done it so many times... we laughed really hard and got thoroughly mixed up as to which was our right and left! But we each ended up with new ornament for our tree. A fun time was had by all who attended!

It snowed while we were there, but it really wasn't sticking at that point and we came home on clear roads. I got home and told Woody about our fun time and then hung my new ornament on the tree and then came upstairs. I started checking a couple of things on the computer and the next thing I knew I had fallen asleep in my chair in front of the computer! Woody came up and suggested that I go lie down before I broke my neck! So I took a nap! Woody woke me up when it was time for me to go to church to watch (and take pictures of) the children's Christmas musical, "Get to the Manger." He told me that he was going to drive me to church...and when I walked out the door I realized why...what should greet my eyes...but a winter wonderland! He dropped me off at church and told me that he would come back and get me if I couldn't hitch a ride home with someone (like our neighbors). Graham (8) and Abigail (7) were in the musical and did a great job...all the kids did. After the musical, there were refreshments in the fellowship hall. Then Nathan and Kathy did find a spot for me in their van and we were off over the snowy streets of Tullahoma.

There was a great shout of joy from the children at church when it was announced during the fellowship that there would be no school tomorrow for Tullahoma (this is a rarity).

Woody had cleared a path up the driveway and had also worked on one from Nathan and Kathy's house over to our house so I could get safely back inside. He has gotten a bit of a workout sweeping snow today! He has worked crossword puzzles, read, watched a little football and had the TV on as background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment