Monday, December 20, 2010

A Christmas Invitation to come to the manger!

You're invited to First Baptist, Tullahoma's 14th annual "A Night in Bethlehem," Dec. 21, 22, 23 from 6:30pm to 9pm. Every night you will find the bustling streets of Bethlehem and the quiet stable with the babe in the manger. There will be concerts by our choir and other choirs in the community. Nightly Nathan and Kathy and family will present their new circus program...there will even be a curly headed lion! Come and experience the real meaning of Christmas!

Woody has had quite a workout today. He swept the street in front of our house...which meant moving a lot of debris. He also raked part of the big garden between Nathan's and our front yard. Later in the afternoon he went on a long walk. He is now wrapping gifts.

I completed Joy's quilt this morning. Then, and I'm sure some will wonder over this...I finally unpacked from our trip to AZ! I came home and jumped right into decorating and I didn't ever completely unpack...but the things that remained in the suitcase were things that aren't worn at this time of the year here in TN. So it was like moving seasonal closets once again...short sleeve tops and crop pants to the warm weather closet! The suitcase is empty...but I still have several more things to find hangers for and hang up in the closet. It seems that I have moved seasonal clothing several times this year! Graham came over this afternoon for a little time. He has been so busy lately with school work that he hasn't had much time to come over. We read Christmas stories, baked an apple in a present I received yesterday...a stoneware apple baking dish. Woody and I baked a large apple yesterday after church and it was yummy...so let Graham try the new baking dish out this afternoon. He approved of his special treat! Then he and I played around with the photo software that I'm trying out...he had fun with the liquefying tool...he liquefied a picture of Abigail to peels of laughter! We looked at a book about snowflakes after reading the Snowflake Bentley book (one of the first people who photographed a snowflake back in the 1800's. So we had a good afternoon. Kathy called before he came home and asked that he bring the steam floor cleaner that we share between our houses. I hadn't used it since I brought it over here from their house the other day so I quickly swept my kitchen floor and then steam cleaned the floor before he went home. Graham played restaurant with Goosey (Woody) while I did the floor.

Busy day...and, the next 3 days will prove to be probably busier especially with the evenings filled with "A Night in Bethlehem." We will be having our Christmas on the 24th so lots to do between now and then!

After I got the dishwasher loaded this evening, I treated myself to a Christmas cup of peppermint ice cream with Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate sauce...mmmmmmmmm...'tis the season!!!!!

It's cloudy here or I would be tempted to stay up and attempt to get pictures of the total lunar eclipse in the wee hours tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment