Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last Wednesday in 2010

Here is Joy's Christmas present from us..."Goldilocks and the Three Bears" quilt. I mentioned quite a few times over the last months that I was working on her quilt...thought that I should show that it actually got finished and in time to give it to her on Christmas.

Woody and I have both been busy today. This morning Woody walked to town to do a couple of errands including paying our city taxes. Then this afternoon he did our weekly grocery shopping. I vacuumed the downstairs and moved tables and chairs back into the places that they occupy when we aren't using them for a big dinner like Christmas, washed and then folded the table cloths and napkins, and then redecorated the tables. Now I can enjoy the Christmas decorations till it is time for me to tackle the job of putting it all away...and, I'm not going to even think about putting Christmas away till after we come back from NIH. I also tried to get our hotel room reservations at the NIH rates and struck out again so will try again tomorrow. After Woody got back from getting groceries, he got sleepy and rested rather soundly in his recliner. So I went upstairs and decided to rest too and woke up a couple of hours later.

We had mail from NIH today reminding us of Woody's appointments next week. One of the times seemed to conflict so I corresponded by email with Woody's research nurse and she emailed back explaining how to make the times work. Woody bought a couple of snacks for us to take on the trip...guess we are "starting" to get ready for the trip!


2 comments:

  1. Is that applique, embroidery, painted? Whatever it is beautiful! We'll be thinking of you and your trip to NIH. We know the anxiety that goes with those trips. Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlene, simple piecing...it is a one piece panel in the middle with strips on the sides. The part that took the longest was the machine quilting...lots of hoopings and just moving the quilt around for the machine spot motifs and echo quilting around all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete