Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chilly Sunday

I took tonight's picture on our way home from Bethesda on Friday. Woody stopped at an overlook that looks down over a TN valley. The overlook is just before you come to the waterfall that is just off the side of the road on the opposite side. It's a very pretty view...but it seems that I can never get a good picture...always just looks hazy and doesn't show the multi-layers of hills and valleys and colors. Thanks to my new photography software I was able to make a half-way decent picture out of at least one that I took. I have been sitting here at the computer for over an hour just trying to figure our which picture to use tonight and then figuring out just how to make the software make it look the way I wanted.

This morning we went to the early church service. And, then both went to Sunday School. Woody taught his 6th grade boys' class. We came home and had lunch and then we both took it easy for a while. Then it was time for Woody to go to the deacon's meeting. After that meeting, the deacons met with the prospective candidate for Minister to Students. Woody came home and practically turned right back around and went to the evening service. After the service, there was to be a vote on whether to call this young man and his family to come to our church...so Woody still isn't home. I traced a pattern off to make Esther a dress this afternoon, but realized after I started laying it out on the fabric that I really didn't have enough fabric to make the dress that I planned...so guess I need to go on to plan B...whatever that is...either don't use this fabric or find another pattern that it will work with! Just don't know if I'm up to tracing off another pattern today.

It has been so very cold today...never got out of the thirties...hovered around 32 all day long...and part of that time the wind chills were in the 20's. Brrrrr after having some pleasant spring-like weather for a couple of days! Yesterday and into the wee hours of this morning we received just smidgen less than 2 inches of rain...so it is damp and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment