Monday, March 7, 2011

Nippy Monday

We've had a pretty busy day. Esther came over for school and then stayed to play. While she played I got busy on my sewing for her...on plan B. I am using a Norwegian pattern (I subscribe to a sewing magazine (Ottobre) that is published in Norway and it has patterns included in the magazine.)...so I'm having to think in metrics...not one of my strong points! I kept thinking while I was making it that it looked rather small...but kept on. Well, when I was just about finished, I looked at the paper that I had taken their measurements in centimeters...well, I had traced off the wrong size...now if I had traced off a 2 instead of a 3 I would have realized the difference in the numbers...but when it is 86 cm...well...I just didn't clue in that I had traced off the pattern size for Elijah (all Nathan & Kathy's fault for naming two of their children names that start with "E"...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)...don't think that Elijah wants a dress! I don't think that all is lost as I have thought of a couple of solutions after I see it on Esther...it will be on to plan C! Well, even if it doesn't fit her, it turned out cute! I just hate to disappoint Esther as it is made from the fabric that she loves so much...the fabric (minky) that her lovies are made from. I asked her today what she thought about her dress...she told me that it was going to be soft! I have pretty much sewn all day...haven't done that in a long time.

Woody walked to the Post Office and the pharmacy this afternoon. After he got back he watched a library DVD. It isn't as cold as it was yesterday but still pretty chilly. It only got to the upper 40's today. Woody is at church now for Monday night prayer meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment