Thursday, March 24, 2011

Up In The Air!

At the moment things are both figuratively and literally (tomorrow) up in the air! Since I blogged last night lots of decisions have been made. My mother (98...really almost 99) has become very sick and the last time I talked to my sister she said that they were making plans to call Hospice in. I did get to talk to Mother for a short time this evening. She had asked my sister if I was on the way to AZ. So I told her that I would be there tomorrow. She told me that it was nice that I was coming and then told me by way of my sister "to have a safe trip." I will be leaving in the morning (well, we leave the house in the morning...the flight isn't till the afternoon). I am in the midst of packing (again...should have it down pat by now!).

Woody has been busy in the yard again. The gardens look so nice that he has mulched. Lots of work! He took a walk after lunch and then ran errands for me. I called and cancelled my hair cut appointment next week and asked if there was a way for her to work me in and she did! Thank you, Jody! When I got up early this morning, I started getting clothes out (I had been keeping up with my wash this week as I knew of the possibility of needing to fly to AZ.) to pack. I started packing before getting an airline ticket. I had said to Woody that I needed to fly there either tomorrow or Saturday or Sunday. He watched the weather and saw that there were going to be some strong storms over the weekend so we decided that I would go tomorrow. After my haircut, I headed over to Abigail's sewing/craft room and we worked some more on her skirt. I had told her that she would have it finished so she could wear it to church on Sunday. So we got to it and she did finish it! Yeah! It looks really cute on her and she is so pleased with her accomplishment. Before I left she was wanting to know what her next sewing project would be! This evening I have been packing. Woody is downstairs reading (I think!). Oh, and, watching March Madness with the volume turned down.

So...the good Lord willin' I will be blogging from AZ tomorrow (Of course, it will depend on internet connection...I know that I was able to when we were there for Thanksgiving so I figure that I will be able to this time.)

Tonight's blog picture = a brown headed cow bird (according to my internet research!). Bird experts please correct me if my research failed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment