Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lots of Water Under the Bridge!

Like...42 years of water under the bridge...today is Woody's and my anniversary. We have had a very nice day...busy...as usual. Woody told me to tell that he has done a lot of what he really likes to do...piddle in the yard. To me he is doing more than just piddling...looks like a lot of work to me! He has done a bit of raking, mulching, picking up sticks, mowing, etc...he stayed out a good part of the morning and part of the early afternoon. Joy helped him in the morning. Mid afternoon he walked to the prayer room at church. I got up very early and headed to the sewing room with the end of a project in sight. I did manage to get it finished this afternoon. Before Abigail and I could do her sewing lesson today, we needed to go to Janie's Sewing Center to buy thread to match her skirt and I needed white thread to finish my project. After we got back Abigail and I got busy getting the next steps on her skirt done...she finished off all the edges today with an overcast stitch. I have a serger to do the task...but wanted her to be able to say that this is "her project" and I'm not quite ready to turn her loose with the serger. Plus I feel like she needs to know how to use the machine that she has at her house and find out what all it can do. She pressed the fabric before starting to overcast all the edges, pressed the fabric again after overcasting, and then pinned the skirt seam together...ready for our next sewing session. That sewing session may not be tomorrow as she and her parents are going to Nashville to see her ear surgeon to see how the healing is progressing and to see if the ear drum the doctor fashioned for her is working as it should. And, as Abigail says...to see if the hole in her eardrum is gone! I really think that she is hearing ever so much better and she indicates that she is. Abigail stayed on after she got her skirt ready for the next lesson...watching me finish up my project in my sewing room. I gave her two sewing magazines that I had duplicates of and she had great fun looking through them "drooling" over all the pictures and telling me what she wants to eventually make! I think that I have a sewing convert!

We have just returned from a very pleasant evening spent with friends and family. The parents of the friend that Nathan, Kathy, Graham, and Abigail went to visit in Southeast Asia invited Nathan and Kathy's family and us for dinner. Yummy! After we ate, Nathan and Kathy shared a DVD of the pictures that they took while on their trip. Nice ending to a very nice day.

Our weather has been delightful...once again we were in the low 80'sF. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and then our temperatures will go down a bit and it will be more typical spring temps for us (according to the weathermen).

No comments:

Post a Comment