Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scan Day

I'm going to go on and blog early today as the computer has given me nothing but trouble since I logged on a while ago to send an email...figured that I'd better go on and blog while the bloggin's good (while the computer will allow it!). Today's blog picture is a picture of the sun behind the clouds shortly after it rose yesterday morning.

We left the hotel on their shuttle at 8am and as soon as we got to building 10 of NIH we headed straight to the lab. Then we read for a while and then headed to the CT scan waiting room. Woody got his banana "shake" and he was called back in record time and was out from his scan by 11am. We had a bowl of soup at Au Bon Pain and then headed off in the car to "explore" a bit. We went back to the speciality grocery store and bought a couple of things. Then we walked across the street to Giant Foods and bought a couple of other things (fine noodles for my chicken noodle soup and several different types of whole wheat pasta that we can't find at home). Then we walked back to the little speciality strip mall and walked around there. I enjoyed looking in several of the clothing stores (getting ideas for my sewing...not exactly the type of customer that they want...but it was fun for me...and it didn't take any money out of Woody's wallet...yet...just wait till the ideas gel and I get ready to execute them in fabrics that I will need to purchase!). Then we headed back to NIH and found a parking place in almost the exact same spot as where we had parked yesterday. Then we headed back to the shuttle waiting room...had about a 20 minute wait to head back to the hotel room. Woody, I hope, is resting. I came downstairs to use the free wireless that is in the hotel lobby. I wanted to email Woody's research nurse so she could have paper work in order for us to renew our ID badges. Just think...the end of next month they will expire...it has been a year since our visit when April 27th rolls around. I figure that our next visit will be after that date so want to get them renewed so we don't have to go through so much red tape without id's the next time that we come. I figured that if I let the nurse know that she would have the needed papers all ready for us when we see them tomorrow afternoon.

So we have had a good day. Woody has survived another round of CT scans and is now under the orders to drink a lot. I got him ice prior to coming down here so hopefully he has been downing water along with resting. Tomorrow we will meet with part of the research team sometime around 1pm. Then we will do whatever needs to be done after seeing the docs...like picking up the voucher check, getting any prescriptions filled, and renewing our id badges. After that we will head on down the road to take a few miles off Friday's drive home. So...the good Lord willin' I'll be blogging somewhere between Bethesda, MD and Tullahoma, TN tomorrow night!

Happy Birthday to my sister (I won't tell you how old she is...especially since she is seven years younger than I am...well, I guess technically till next week she is only 6 years younger than I...so now you know her age IF you know how old I am and when I add another year!). There, Cheryl, you made the blog!

And, with these words...I have just completed my 800th blog post!

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well at the hospital. I can't believe it's been almost a year already! Wow. And congratulations on your 800th blog!

    Cactus

    ReplyDelete