Monday, March 14, 2011

Evening showers bring...

We've had a busy day today. We got up pretty early. I started in getting things ready to go work in the library. Before I had those things all gathered we got a phone call from next door inviting us for fresh homemade donuts! yum! yum! I knew that Nathan borrowed our donut cutter yesterday...and I wondered what he was planning...glad that we got to be part of the special donut party. They were celebrating because they had a couple of their cousins visiting. They find lots of reasons to celebrate...fresh yeast glazed donuts are a pretty good way to celebrate! They definitely rated right up there with Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts (I would say they were better!)!

After our special breakfast treat, I got the rest of the things ready so we could head to the library. Woody helped go through the nonfiction shelves and decide which books needed to be archived and which needed to be deleted. We are going through the shelves prior to moving all the books off the shelves when we renovate the library in a couple of months...trying to get some things out that won't have to be moved when the time comes. I worked on getting quite a few books ready for their next step in processing...a bunch more books ready to be entered into the computer. I also went through the newest book order and set aside some books that can be assigned for memorials. We brought those home along with the list of memorials to fill so I can get on with the next step in the memorial process. We came home for a late lunch. I flopped on the bed for a few minutes to help an aching back. Then we went back to the library to gather up a few things that I had decided that I needed here at home. I took a few before shots with the camera...now waiting to take the after in a few months!

After we got home, we went on a short walk. We walked to a little pond. You could really hear frogs this afternoon. I saw one in the pond...but then it disappeared and I never spotted another one. The clouds were rolling in while we walked and about a half an hour after we got home it started raining. I think that we are due for some pretty good rain throughout the evening. We will have to keep an eye on the wireless rain gauge...last I looked it had already measured some.

Woody just returned from Monday night prayer meeting at church. I didn't give him much chance to read today...although he did take a book with him to the library just in case he had some down time...not likely...I kept him busy! He'll probably read and watch TV this evening. I think that I will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment