Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tiring Tuesday!

Or at least for me it has been a tiring day. I got up a bit late this morning and then immediately got busy...got a load of wash going, then had Esther come over to do a bit of school and then Joy came over and had time to read to me before it was time for an early lunch at her house. When Joy left, Woody and I ate out lunch. Then I got rice cooking for a casserole that I was going to make a little later. While it was cooking Abigail and Graham came over...Graham read to Woody and Abigail and I had her sewing lesson over here. She is learning how to cut fabric. I got her a pair of scissors that are a better fit for her and still sharp enough to cut fabric. So she practiced cutting long strips and by the time that she had cut quite a few she was definitely cutting smoother. We also watched a couple of videos on the computer about the uses of different presser feet for the machine. Then we made plans to make a special scissor case for her new scissors...we made a pattern today and found the fabric that she wants to use. At that point it was time for me to go to the church for the historical committee monthly meeting. As library director, I am an ex officio member of the committee. I could only stay a short time as I had to get back home to make Spinach Rice Bake. Our Sunday School class was providing a meal for one of our members who had knee replacement surgery last week. On Sunday we made plans that everyone who was helping with the meal would get their part of the meal to our house and then Woody and I would deliver it this evening. When I had my casserole baked and the rest of the food had been delivered to our house, Woody and I headed out toward Winchester...about 10 miles away. We visited for a short time with her and her husband (and their BIG dog) and then we headed back home to eat our own supper. I doubled the recipe so we would have some of the Spinach Rice Bake also...a favorite of Woody's and we hadn't had it in a long time. I could tell, when I mentioned to him that I thought that I would make it for the meal we were taking, that he wanted some too! It did taste good after not having it for so long. Shortly after we finished supper, Woody headed out the door to walk to church for his time in the prayer room. And, I came to blog. It has been a rather nippy, windy day today. Woody has also done a little TV watching, a lot of reading, and has written a prayer today, too. So...that about sums up our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment