Sunday, March 13, 2011

Springy Sunday

This is the tulip tree that we set out to capture in a photo on today's walk. It is just down the street from us...but it is very difficult to get a picture of without lots of wires, etc. blocking it. We walked across the busy street behind our house and then walked around a block and came up on the tree from the opposite side of the street. I managed to get a pretty good picture without a lot of interference from other things. These are the colors of Spring at the moment around us!

We managed to set our clocks ahead (Spring forward!) last night and got up at the proper time to get to the early service at church. There were a couple of folk who obviously didn't set their clocks as they came into the church service just prior to it being over! It must have been rather confusing in their minds as to what was going on...the preacher was finishing up his sermon rather than things that are usually happening just prior to the service starting! I kept thinking how confused I would feel if that had happened to me! Woody and I both went to Sunday School after the service. We came home and had lunch. Woody watched basketball and prepared his Vegetable Chili ingredients and got it to simmering before it was time for him to go back to church for a deacon ordination council. He put me in charge of the seasonings so it wouldn't be too hot...trying not to have it five alarm hot!!! It is pretty spicy...I may have gone overboard a bit this time...but still very good! When Woody left for his meeting, he left me in charge of stirring the pot!!!! Shortly after he left I heard a cry of distress outside. It was Esther...she and her sisters and her cousin were out in the front yard...the rest were on bikes, but Esther was walking/running and she had taken a tumble. I came to her rescue....brushed her off and held her on the front porch for a minute or two and then the girls decided that they wanted to come inside rather than ride bikes. So they came in and built with K'nex and some lego type blocks. In a while the big girls decided to go home, but Esther decided to stay here. In a bit Graham came over. While all this coming/playing/going was happening, I was attempting to trace a pattern for a blouse for Abigail (trying to think in centimeters, again!). Esther decided to go home, so I walked her back home (she's not tall enough to open their front door.)...so at that point just Graham was over here. Woody came home while Graham was still here and found his chili simmering to his liking so he decided that it was finished. It can cook anywhere from one to five hours...according to the recipe...the longer the better. Woody had time for a bowl of the chili before it was time to return to church for the evening service. I worked on which picture to post tonight and decided that the one that should be tonight's blog picture was the one that we set out to capture today. I almost have the pattern traced for Abigail's blouse...so guess that is where I will head after posting tonight's blog. I'm really off due to the time change...it seems earlier than it is according to the clocks...guess the clocks haven't convinced my body clock...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment