Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wet Wednesday

Since midnight we have had over an inch of rain. March has definitely been a rainy month...getting ready for all the Spring flowers! I got up and set to work on finishing Esther's outfit. I had to stop last night as I wasn't sure that the t-shirt would go over her head. So I took it over to their house to slip it over her head. It did fit so I came back with the shirt and Joy. Joy read to me and then she set to work on some things that she could do independantly so I headed back in to sew some more. When Joy was finished, we went over to see if Esther was ready to come over for school...well, she was still in her jammies so I told her that I would go home and finish her shirt and then bring her whole outfit back for her to get dressed in. I had it finished before noon. She was very happy with her outfit that was dreamed up in Finland and brought to reality on Grammy's machine here in TN! And, I'm "slightly" more familiar with metrics...by the way Esther is 94cm tall...these patterns are based on height and then you check other measurements as needed. Since the little jumper was loose fitting...I never checked any other measurements...and thus the confusion over picking up Elijah's 86cm height. Worked out well as a short jumper over leggings. I knew that Esther was wearing some leggings that I had made for Joy a couple of years ago...so used that pattern again.

After lunch I went over and had a sewing lesson with Abigail. Later in the afternoon Graham came over for a short time and built with K'nex.

Woody got up early and made pancakes this morning. He makes a large batch and then puts those not eaten in the freezer for other breakfasts. Woody went for about an hour walk this afternoon. He has read, watched a DVD, and rested. This evening we both went to church. He went to his Experiencing God class and I worked in the library.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment