Thursday, April 19, 2012

Celebrate!






Today we got invited to a celebration...Esther (4 1/2) has stopped sucking her thumb and sleeping with her lovey pillow. Now her lovey is my fault... I first made her rectangular cloths made out of really soft fabric called minky...well, she was instantly in love with them the moment that I handed her the first one...she had them in several colors. Then when they decided that she should graduate to just using them at nap time, I made her a pillow out of lovey fabric. I have also made her a dress out of lovey fabric! (Bad Grammy! See it really is all my fault that she became dependant on them!) Anyway after this last trip when she held onto her pillow for most of the long trip AND sucked her thumb too...well, it was decided that lovey pillow needed to be retired too. They told Esther that when she had slept three nights without her lovey pillow that they would have a celebration. AND that celebration happened today with yummy banana splits. Goosey (Woody) and I got to join in the celebration too! Always love a GOOD celebration!


Woody has worked in the yard a good part of the day. He mowed and raked the front yard. He also planted some more tomato plants. We had a normal school day. Abigail spent a little more time over here this afternoon since her time got broken into with the celebration. Then Graham came over for a while in the late afternoon. I will have to admit that I played out at a point and had a snooze while Graham was over here. Before I fell asleep, I did manage to fix a quilt that I had made for Joy...someone (we think that she is pictured above) cut a triangular piece from the edge of Joy's Three Bears Quilt. Well, I was able to fix it...but did not have any of the fabric left for the border...but I substituted something that came pretty close (a fabric from Esther's quilt...figured that was appropriate...as a memory of the incident!). I took the quilt back to Joy this afternoon before she and her sisters headed off to gymnastics. She seemed quite happy to have it back! Before my "sleepy attack" I worked on getting some fabrics sorted that have been "adorning" the guest bed. The bed is starting to look like it can accommodate a guest...good thing since my sister will be here a week from today.





Update on the wounded...his eye is pretty swollen. And, now, I am off to change the dressing on his stitched cut.






No comments:

Post a Comment