Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday 2012

It is Good Friday and it has been a good Friday! We have had a fun day with grandchildren in and out. Abigail and Nathan went to Nashville for Abigail's six-month check-up for her ear and she and her ear got a good report. Yeah!!! As Alex was finishing eating supper, Graham came over and invited him to come over and dye Easter eggs with them. Fun times! So in the above picture you see (sort of) all but one of our grandchildren. I made a favorite supper of Alex's...chicken fingers and fried potatoes. Now...I don't fry food...this is as close as I come to frying. I shake the chicken and the potatoes in a mixture of flour and Parmesan cheese and a couple of spices and then in a very thin layer of olive oil I fry them till crisp on all sides. Well, this is a time consuming meal...and Grammy is beat...plus I have a hurt foot so that doesn't help. But supper is over and I have sort of cleaned up the mess...at least the dishes that can go in the dishwasher are in and I'm counting on Woody to wash the pans that can't go in the dishwasher! I really don't know what we have done today... Woody made us sweet potato waffles for breakfast. And at some point he did a little yard work. He got Alex to help him with one yard job and Alex husked our corn on the cob. Alex has helped watch and play with the little ones. All the grands except for Isaac have enjoyed the iPad. The smaller ones enjoyed a time with PBS this afternoon. Graham and Joy and Esther played a while with K'nex. It's been a busy day...and I can hardly move! Guess my age is catching up with me!!!!!! I certainly won't deny the latter! Alex helped me some with today's crossword puzzle. As far as the chores that I had written down to do today...well...............................another day! Alex and Woody are watching TV and are perhaps going to play a game of Scrabble. Last night when I went downstairs to play a board game with them they were both snoozing in their chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment