Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Seven Stitches!

And, those seven stitches were not ones that I made while sewing! Last night shortly after I posted the blog, I got a phone call from Woody. He needed me to come pick him up. He had fallen and was bleeding! When I picked him up, he wanted to go home to assess the damages. But upon looking in the mirror after getting home, he pretty quickly decided that he needed to go to the ER. We left the ER an hour-and-a-half later (pretty short time for an ER visit...and they were so pleasant!) and he came away with seven stitches on his forehead! He has got to quit beating himself up!!!! I have a picture of him before the ER personnel got hold of him...but I am catering to those with queasy stomachs and posting a picture of flowers instead!

Today he has taken it easy. But still did some yard work...mainly raking leaves and other debris out of some of the gardens. I had a usual Wednesday day of school, Elijah (sounds and counting), Esther (reading), Joy (reading and sewing), and Abigail (weaving). I headed off to the church library (and to stop and buy some tape that hopefully Woody won't be allergic to for his wound dressing). We got a book order finalized. Then when I got home I worked some more on library memorial paperwork...trying to get my part finished so I can pass the work along to another library worker. Now it is time to go change the dressing on Woody's wound...ummmmmmm I think that I have mentioned this many times before...I am not a nurse! For some reason Woody seems to think that he needs to get himself into these predicaments that make me put my nurse hat on! (For better or worse...in sickness and health...) Well, off to wash my hands!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! You (and Woody) have really been through some rough times! For a woman who never intended on being a nurse...you seem to make a pretty good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Woody! How did he manage to fall?

    ReplyDelete