Sunday, April 22, 2012

Conga Line Forms Here!




Just join in behind Woody! Woody read Joy and Esther a story that had a conga line in it so after they read the story, they came "dancing" through the kitchen to show me! Woody and I went to the early service and then to Sunday School. He taught his 6th grade class. We came home and had lunch. After lunch I went next door to take a couple of pictures. I have a set of pictures on the guest room wall and I realized that I'm not up to date...no Isaac yet. I have a mirror on the side wall on one side I have Melany and Wade's children and then on the other side I have Nathan and Kathy's. Well two frames vs. six frames doesn't exactly balance! So for Nathan and Kathy's kids I have taken a picture of the girls and a picture of the boys. So I needed a picture with three boys rather than two boys! Now to print it and get it in the frame. I must get Isaac represented in all the pictures that I have around here...can't be a neglectful grammy!




When I went next door, Nathan and Kathy had realized that if they were going to get to see a local play that they needed to go today. They took Graham, Abigail and Isaac with them and the other three stayed with us. Elijah helped Woody cover plants (once again a possibility of frost). The girls started out doing art work. When Elijah came in, I started reading stories to him prior to his nap. When Woody came in, he took over. Then I went downstairs and the girls wanted me to read some of the stories that they heard us reading to Elijah! I read one book to them and then got so sleepy that I had to go find Woody to take over the reading! Once I was able to get up and move around, I sort of woke up and continued to work on stewing a chicken and deboning it and making chicken broth. I fixed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them and their brother and sister so they would be ready to head off to church almost as soon as the play goers returned. They headed out after they ate their sandwiches. Woody left a while after that to go to the evening service at church. I ended up remopping the kitchen floor (I did that task after I blogged last night). Well, not long after Woody came home from the special service at church last night, he dropped the ladle from the soup on the floor...not too big of a mess. But this afternoon while the children were eating their PB&J's, Woody spilled some sticky pickle juice on the floor. (Possible for a clean kitchen floor? Beginning to be doubtful!). I knew when I mopped it that it was a bit soon...but I had the mop over here for the sunroom and laundry room so figured that it was the time to mop the floor. (We share a steam mop between Nathan and Kathy's and our house. And, it resides most of the time next door...they supposedly have more messes than we do...not sure about that after the last two days here!) I'm about done in for the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment