Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Day 2012

Alex, Woody and I started out our day by going to the sunrise service at our church. We saw the sun peek through the clouds on our way to church, but during the service it was quite overcast and chilly. They had a continental breakfast that we partook of and then we came home to get ready for our next celebration...our daughter Melany's birthday. I put the ham in the oven and then prepared an asparagus and barley dish. I had fixed everything else except for the baked potatoes the day before. After the ham came out the potatoes went in (they wouldn't fit in at the same time...when we have our large roasting pan only one rack can be in the oven and it takes up all the space on the rack). After lunch Woody washed the dishes and Melany dried and I put them away. Then I prepared our dessert...Blueberry Dump Cake. Just as it came out of the oven, Nathan, Kathy and family arrived home from a gig in Chattanooga. We all sang to Melany (tonight's photo) and then Woody and I served up the warm dump cake with vanilla ice cream. Yum. This was made with blueberries that Woody picked last year and that we had in the freezer. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon visiting, walking around our yards, and watching the children have an egg hunt. A very nice day! Happy Birthday, Melany! I can't believe that Woody and I are old enough to have you become the age that you just became!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment