Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Is Everywhere!

Here is a picture of a baby tulip poplar leaf. Usually they are too high to get a picture of the leaves coming out. But I took this of a leaf on our new baby tulip poplar tree...the one that the roofers had to replace after they backed over our first baby tulip poplar. This one has a bit more growth on it than our first one...much more sturdy...and, it seems to be doing well. Lots of new little leaves popping out on it. The tulip poplar is TN state tree.

Woody got up early as usual. I think that he wanted to get going out in the yard right away, but the grass was too wet. He has mainly raked and mowed today. Then in the late afternoon he walked to and from the prayer room. When he got home I had a meatloaf and mashed potatoes awaiting him. I tried a new recipe for a rolled stuffed meat loaf...very good! I found the recipe on a recipe app on the iPad. We had all the ingredients so I decided to try it. In the morning while Woody cleaned up yards, I cleaned up floors in the house. I mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed several rooms in the house. Right after lunch I headed off to get my hair cut. Then this afternoon I continued to do more things around the house. Mid afternoon we had a knocking on the door and one by one we had five children find us upstairs. They were just getting home from a trip they had made all the way to Colorado and back. They had been gone over a week...they had gigs in MO, KS and CO. They also had a day or two to relax and do a little playing...like go to the St. Louis Zoo and the Planetarium and a hands-on science museum in St. Louis too. I know that at least one of the nights they got to swim in a swimming pool at their motel. They saw friends and relatives along the way to and from, too. It's good to have them back in the neighborhood! I headed over and got a few pictures of Isaac. This is his 12 week birthday...doesn't seem possible! Graham is spending a little time with us this evening while the rest of his family goes to a church service at our church. He wasn't feeling the greatest tonight so he has stayed with us. He is enjoying my iPad at the moment...he enjoys Google Earth (me too!) and of course he has enjoyed a couple of games that I have downloaded (especially Angry Birds!).



No comments:

Post a Comment