Saturday, April 7, 2012

To the Rescue!

Alex rescued Goosey (Woody) from some of his mowing. They both worked for a while in the backyard. Alex got awakened by five very excited children. He told them that he would be over at their house after he got dressed and ate breakfast. So he did just that. He spent a good part of the morning with them. Woody went to the library while Alex was with the neighbors. Woody also made a rescue visit to the grocery store to get something that I forgot to put on the grocery list. When Alex came back to the house, he told us that he and Nathan had taken the five oldest to an egg hunt at a church up the street. This is an egg hunt that must be much anticipated by the community as there are always tons of cars parked all over the neighborhoods close to the church during the festivities. Alex brought Elijah and Joy back home a bit earlier than Nathan brought the rest of the crew. When Nathan and his crew got home, several of the children came running over to our house all excited. Alex had won one of the door prizes. He won a $25 dollar gift card to a local sports store. After I got through fixing a couple of recipes for tomorrow's feast celebrating Melany's birthday, I took him to the store and he spent his gift card. He has a nice new basketball. He seems quite pleased. Alex and Goosey have been playing Scrabble this evening. I have pretty much spent the day getting ready for tomorrow. I also made a rescue trip to the grocery store...I about decided that our gelatin salad that Melany had requested was doomed...first a trip for cool whip and then a trip for the right kind of jello...red got brought home from the grocery store Thursday, but the wrong flavor red! And, I didn't catch it when I put it away...and somehow it just didn't seem right to make a strawberry salad with cherry jello! I will admit that I can hardly keep my eyes open at the moment (none of tonight's blog may make sense!). I'm just afraid that a power nap could turn into a longer than needed nap! I still have a couple of things that I want to prepare tonight to make tomorrow's cooking tasks easier. My foot is better, but as I have gotten farther into the day it has started to bother me again. I was very careful all day today and tried to rest in between tasks.



No comments:

Post a Comment