Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gobble Victory!

We took a trip over the river and through the woods this afternoon and I was very glad that I managed to capture this wild turkey. We saw three, but I only was victorious in capturing one! There weren't many creatures out this afternoon as it was raining. We were on our way to pick up our 14 year old grandson, Alex. He is going to spend the long weekend with us. After we got home I set to work on our supper...and with that I had another victory...another gobble victory as it so happens. Alex actually ate what I made for supper and had seconds. Alex is the pickiest eater of our grandchildren...hard to find things that appeal to him other than peanut butter and jelly! Tonight I made a new recipe for Better for You Alfredo Sauce and served it over linguine. It was very good...definitely a keeper. It is one of the recipes that I have found on my recipe app on my iPad.

Woody did some yard work today and also did our weekly grocery shopping and helped clean up the kitchen. I worked around the house getting ready for Alex...really just doing things that needed to be done. Then we took off mid afternoon to go pick up Alex so we could get him when he got home from school. He will stay with us till Sunday when Melany and Wade will come to pick him up. At that time we will celebrate Easter and Melany's birthday (on the same day this year). I got a phone call before we left telling me that my point-and-shoot camera had been shipped back to me and that it should be here on Monday...good news (hope that it is fixed)! Off to play a board game or a card game at Alex's request!



No comments:

Post a Comment