Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Saturday

It has been a beautiful Spring day here in Middle TN. Woody has spent a good part of it outside working on the yard...again...mowing, raking, trimming, etc. The yard is his Golden Gate Bridge project...Once the Golden Gate Bridge gets painted it is time to start on the opposite end and begin painting once again...as it is with our yard...by the time that Woody has gotten through it is time to start it again. He can only do so much at a time...so slowly but surely it gets done...and then redone! It is good that he enjoys being outside. This morning I took my mug of tea, cameras and iPad out to sit on the front porch. I sipped my tea, worked the crossword puzzle on my iPad and kept a watch out for birdies. Melany called while I was out there and we talked for a while with me sitting on the porch...that is till I started getting choked up and started coughing. I finally decided that I had best get inside and sure enough not long after I got in my tickly throat and cough left. So something is in the air that doesn't agree with me! It has been quite breezy and there was definitely a dusting of something on my iPad and my camera...I'm sure that it was pollen. Woody said that Sycamore pollen has joined some of the other tree pollen. While I was talking to Melany, Woody left for his Saturday errands...the library and the grocery stores. I helped him put away the groceries when he returned. I managed to complete the week's wash today when I changed our bed. It is good that I have finished the week's washing since it is the last day of the week! I even pressed the couple of things that needed pressing and all my clothes are put away ready to be worn once again. This afternoon I made a potato salad to take to church tomorrow. Our Sunday School class is having a salad luncheon after the 11am service tomorrow. I am going to share my photos that I shared with the garden club last month. So the next task of the evening after I blog, will be to look through the slide show to refresh my memory of the order that they come in, etc. Woody did take time out of his yard work to come in and watch a baseball game on TV. This evening he is relaxing in his recliner with a book, the TV and perhaps resting his eyes a bit. I managed to take a short nap this afternoon...I flopped on the bed after I put the sheets back on the bed and was waiting for the blanket to dry and the next thing I knew I was waking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment