Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Foolin'!

Now I'm really laughing. I just titled the blog and hit a key to (I thought) add tonight's photo and somehow I posted a blank blog. I thought about leaving it due to the day...but since I titled it "No Foolin'!" I guess that I had better post something!

Woody got up early and walked four miles. I on the other hand had trouble getting in gear this morning and slept in later than I should have. So in the end we went to church in two cars as Woody needed to go to the deacon's prayer time prior to the church service. Woody went to church and then taught his 6th-grade-boys Sunday School class. I only made it to Sunday School today. This afternoon I spent making a new soup: Black Forest Vegetable Soup. It is a rather interesting soup...onions, carrots, celery, turnip, and potatoes...and sauerkraut and dill seed. It has stew beef in it that has been cooked till it falls apart. I am reminded of eating a reuben sandwich when I eat it. One definitely knows that there is sauerkraut in it and the dill seed...as to the other ingredients they just sort of blend in. It's not a soup that I want to eat day in and day out. Plus it took a lot of effort for not a lot of soup...so it probably won't go to the top of our top ten list! But it is rather good and definitely different. After, making the soup that did take just about the entire afternoon, I ended up not being able to keep my eyes open sooooooooo I ended up taking a nap probably too late in the day. I was listening to The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (must not have been too exciting!). I will say that another problem with some of the recorded books...VERY poor readers! One of these days I will hopefully get my days and nights straightened out! Woody had a deacon's meeting at church this afternoon and then went to the church service this evening.

That about sums up our "no foolin'!" April Fool's Day 2012! (Sorry to those who might have opened up an empty post! I really didn't mean to do that! No foolin'!). It has been a beautiful April 1st here in Middle Tennessee...highs in the 80's...good sitting on the porch for a nice cell phone conversation with my sister (making plans for her visit later this month!)...now hope that the time outside won't bother my allergies!






No comments:

Post a Comment