Saturday, March 31, 2012

Out like a...?

I was sitting on the front porch working on my iPad when a storm blew in. I didn't have my camera with me...but then realized that I really did have one with me...so took a picture of the rain with my iPad! I have had quite the time getting the picture to post. I "thought" that I could just post from the iPad tonight since I had the picture that I wanted to share actually on my iPad...but I couldn't get the blog site to accept a photo from the iPad...so sent the picture by email to my laptop and am now blogging from my laptop. More than one way to beat the system!

Woody didn't walk today since he mowed. He did go to the library as part of his Saturday routine. Along with mowing he did other things around the yard like cutting off a branch from our dogwood tree that I didn't want him to cut off! He is in trouble! No limb for the little birdies to sit on and pose for me...and, most of all now I don't have the good branch to hang a bird feeder from. He said that he didn't see a bird feeder...well, there wasn't one due to the bottom of ours having rusted out...and I hadn't gotten a new one yet. Other than the missing branch my other discovery today was that our kitchen sink has a leak...at least it hadn't made too much of a mess yet, thanks to a sponge and a rubber mat that is used to go under a dish drainer (glad that it had sides and a lip that just let water come towards the front). I discovered it because of a large wet place on the rug in front of the sink. So things are pulled out from one side of the cabinet...and for the moment a bucket has been placed under the pipe. Woody is now relaxing with March Madness on the TV. I have done a little of this and a little of that, but have accomplished very little. I have done some sewing and have about completed my spring project...so that is good. I spent too long today trying to figure out something on my iPad..the reason that I was sitting on the front porch. Erin called this afternoon and we had a nice conversation. She is looking forward to the end of her school year. I have been listening to A Room With a View. Some years ago I saw the movie so am familiar with the story. One thing that I am discovering about listening to a book...it is better if I am already familiar with it as I do tune out sometimes when my mind wanders...or sometimes I wander out of the room...or sometimes I start to concentrate on a project that I am doing...like cooking or sewing. If I know the story I don't have a problem knowing what is happening in the story when I tune back in! I'm still working my way through the reading of A Tale of Two Cities. I try to read a chapter or two each day. I have "finally" gotten into it and am enjoying it more. I still prefer turning paper pages to flicking computer pages! We both continue to work the USA Today crossword each day...me on my iPad and Woody with a pen on one that he downloads and prints from the computer. Woody has had his usual daily challenge by the computer to Scrabble games.

And, I guess in answer to the question in the title of tonight's blog..."like a lion" since there have been storms all around us today...though ours never got very bad. So, if I recall correctly...March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion...proved the saying correct! The thing that I find hard to believe is March is all but over! Blink these days and another month is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment