Friday, March 23, 2012

Christmas in March!

What fun...Christmas in March!!!! I love extended holidays! Last night the doorbell rang and it was the UPS man with a package from my niece and family. So I didn't open the package till this afternoon when the neighbors could come over and help me. It's so much fun to watch little ones get into a package. They each got a book. Nathan and Kathy and Woody and I each got a book, too. They are very special books...a recipe scrapbook...100 Years of Recipes (my Mother's recipes)...complete with photos. Such a wonderful and appropriate remembrance of Mother! Thanks, Rachel! What a thoughtful present. We will treasure them! Now..........shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell Melany and Wade...they haven't gotten theirs yet. (We'll see if Melany is reading the blog!)

Woody spent time in the yard again. He's trying to get all the leaves out of the flower gardens. I got up and fixed my breakfast and went out on the front porch to read the paper via my iPad. It was a bit chillier than it has been and a rain blew in before I went inside. Elijah came over and joined us for a while. He was playing Angry Birds and flinging them backwards in the sling and laughing hilariously as the birds went backwards. When we went inside, I tried to download a preschool app...well.................was not the one to download as it froze my iPad. We had to go next door and have Nathan help restore it. We thought that it was going to be restored to its original state. I had to run home and get something and mentioned to Woody that I was going to lose all that I had downloaded since I got it...Woody said that it looked like I needed to back it up like we do our PC's. Woody saying that brought to mind that last night I had been reading in the iPad "how-to" download that you could back up the iPad using one of the "programs" that came on the iPad...and I had turned it on to do the back ups last night!!!!!! So nothing lost except for the app that I had downloaded for Elijah that had frozen it in the first place. So nothing lost! Perhaps lesson learned...not sure! After lunch Woody and I went on a short walk...just around the block. It is absolutely beautiful around here...everything is popping out in bloom. Before we went on the walk I actually finished on the iPad the crossword puzzle in USA Today (the puzzle that Woody does everyday). Woody did give me a few hints since he had already worked the puzzle. He has challenged the computer to several Scrabble games today.

So, I will end with a big Ho! Ho! Ho! Merrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas!!!!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Glad everyone had fun. I guess it wasn't so bad that I was so late this year! :) love you guys. Rachel

    ReplyDelete