Sunday, March 11, 2012

To Believe or...not to Believe...That is the Question!

In the middle of the night when Woody and I couldn't sleep due to the time change...we kept wondering just what time it "really" was! I do not like this time change. Once again tonight I realized that I was late...and if it had been last night I would be right on time with my blogging...internal clocks can really get messed up! Anyway, back to the wee hours this morning...Woody asked me if I had gotten my phone message yesterday. I hadn't so he punched the button and I listened. And, here is the message...see what you think!

"Good morning! This is the Social Security Administration calling for Mrs. Dorrell. Since it is your birthday today, we wanted to offer you an extra benefit of $1 per month on your Social Security benefits, when you qualify. If you will spend all day today filling out the paper work at ssa.gov, you will qualify immediately and your extra bonus dollar will be applied to your benefits beginning in 2017. Thank you very kindly and happy birthday to you!"

Ok...well, when I heard the $1 amount I started laughing and missed part of the rest of the message...so then had to listen again...and again...and again and... I'm not sure how many times we listened to it trying to figure it out...finally we were listening just trying to figure out who was playing the joke on me! Woody kept saying that there was something about the voice that he thought he recognized. But the caller did a very good job of disguising her voice. We finally decided who the culprit was and I went in to email her in the wee hours of the morning to ask her if she had just "happened" to leave me a phone message yesterday. Well, when I got into our email, I found an email from this person/culprit asking if I had gotten a call from the Social Security Administration on my birthday! It definitely made for a good laugh. The big clue that it wasn't to be believed was when the SSA spokesperson said the I would need to spend the whole day filling out the paper work...SSA would never admit to their paper work taking that long! So in this case..."not to Believe!" But on the initial hearing of the message, she made it quite believable! Remember I was just hearing the words and not reading them...and it took a bit of time for my mind to process the message that our ears were hearing!

Today has been a pretty normal Sunday for us...other than starting the day out extremely early laughing our heads off over a phone message and now I'm ending the day sneezing my head off due to allergies. I am allergic to something in the sewing room and I think that I have discovered what it is causing my problem and am working as quickly as possible to get the items out of my sewing room. We went to the early church service this morning and then we both taught our respective Sunday School classes. We came home and had lunch. Woody went back to the church for a meeting. He watched basketball after he got back from his meeting. Then he went back to church for the evening service. And, I have been watching a DVD and trying to get this sneezy project out of the sewing room and sneezing and blowing my nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment