Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Double the Pleasure!



This iris decided to please our eyes at double the pleasure...as it bloomed with two blooms at the same time. Woody got his exercise working in the yard today...pruning, general flower garden cleaning up, and mowing. He was ready for his recliner by the time that he came in the house. I got up and started working in the house again. I'm just trying to get to some areas that seem to get forgotten so much of the time. Today I went through a stack of library papers that had landed in a pile. Since I am the library director some of the library work needs to be done here at the house and I really don't have a place for it so it seems to land in our bedroom. So I'm sifting through what has gathered there over the last months. While I did that I continued to listen to Heidi and I finished it today. Now I'm in the midst of choosing the next book that I will listen to. At the moment I am listening to a selection of Robert Frost poems. I am still trudging through Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. I have been trying to read some of it on the iPad each day. It's not exactly my favorite type of literature and I still prefer to read a real book. But I am trying to read and/or listen to some of the classics that were not required of me in my school days. There are lots of them in public domain that are available for free to download on the iPad...so I'm taking advantage of what's out there. Woody and I both worked the USA Today crossword today (he on paper and me on the iPad). He has played a game or two or...of Scrabble with the computer today (His goal is to beat the computer at least once each day!). This afternoon I went to the church library where three of us worked hard once again to stay on top of things in there. Today we started working on a book order as well as processing books. The work in a library is never done! The work that I have been doing both here and at the library is in preparation for filling library memorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment