Monday, March 26, 2012

Beautiful Spring Monday!

Here's a picture of a dogwood that gives one double pleasure...it has both white and pink blooms on the same tree.

It has been another beautiful Spring day. Woody went on a five-mile walk this morning. Then he has been in and out off and on during the day working outside in the yard at one thing or another or while inside challenging the computer to Scrabble or relaxing in his recliner reading. I have done a lot of things around the house...marking things off a "to-do" list that I have complied on my iPad (fun to have a new way to make lists...the newness of making such lists will probably wear off pretty quickly!)...several loads of wash done and put away and general picking up around the house. I have been listening to Heidi as I have done some of the items on my "to do" lists. Heidi is such a delightful story...brings back many childhood memories. It was one of my Mother's favorite childhood books also. My only complaint about listening to the book is that it takes much longer than it would to read it...guess I should savor the time that it is taking! The rest of the things on my "to-do" lists will have to wait till tomorrow as my energy level has gotten up and left! Woody made a pot of Cabbage Stew this morning...yummy! It is amazing that such simple ingredients can all blend together and make such a savory dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment