Friday, March 2, 2012

Little Buddy!

Here's Goosey (Woody) and his little buddy (Elijah) as they are returning from their walk to the fruit market and to the barber. Woody found out that Elijah is a "puddle jumper!" As soon as Elijah stepped into his house his jeans came off since they were wet! Along with his walk with Goosey, Elijah spent some time at the house. He was here at the house when the tornado warning siren went off. Woody told him to head into the bathroom (our safe room) and he did...he went potty and then I helped him wash his hands and by the time that we were finished with that the warning siren had stopped. So he was none the wiser as to exactly why we were in the bathroom...other than a routine trip to go potty! The next time that the siren went off I read him a book in the bathroom (he may be wondering about us!). We read about vultures. After the warning quit, he and I went upstairs and looked at the pictures that I have taken of vultures. After that, he and Goosey made an angel food cake from a mix and then left on their walk with me in charge of getting the cake out of the oven when the timer went off.

Graham came over and caught up his March weather chart...yesterday was rather out of routine...so when I got home I checked Woody's thermometer that gives the high and low temp of the day and also took a barometric pressure reading from Weather Bug so Graham would have those numbers to chart today. He came over and did that and also helped us get our tornado tracking paper out from under the drawer in the cabinet that the TV sits on. We had been looking for that for a while. This tornado tracking paper came from a TV station in Huntsville and it is very good for tracking tornadoes coming our direction as our tornadoes tend to originate in Alabama. I made a copy for Graham to take over to his house for their use. Abigail came over after Graham caught up his weather chart. She was a bit unhappy when she discovered that she wasn't having sewing yesterday. She told me today that "someone" had forgotten! I told her that I hadn't, that there just wasn't anyway for me to watch all of them including Isaac and be able to have our regular sewing day! Anyway, I think that all was forgiven since she got to continue to work on her sewing notebook today! Kathy seems to be doing quite well...just rather sore due to her incisions.

I'm not exactly sure what the weather holds in store for us this evening. Weather Bug just started chirping to alert us to another tornado warning for our county...the guess is where in the county...have to take a closer look at the radar to figure that out. Woody has stuck fairly close to the TV this afternoon and evening watching all the weather developments to the south of us in Alabama...watching to see if any are coming our way. Tornado talk: Tornado Watch = conditions are right for a tornado so be alert; Tornado Warning = there has been a tornado spotted on the ground or that radar indicates one on the ground. But, for the moment for us...no warning siren blaring.

And, now, I will close with a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister! For a week I am only six years older than she!

No comments:

Post a Comment