Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day of Firsts!




First off...March came in like a lamb...now we will have to see if it goes out like a lion! The first of March brought several other firsts. Goosey (Woody) and I started out the day quite early heading over to Nathan and Kathy's to take care of all six children for the first time. It was the first time that they had left Isaac with us. And, the reason for him being left with us was that Kathy was having gall bladder surgery "first" thing this morning. The next first that we experienced is pictured above...Isaac's first time to drink from a bottle. He wasn't very sure about it at first, but his sister, Abigail, was the one who finally convinced him that he was going to have to! Isaac smiled at me for the first time today. Woody took Joy and Elijah on his four-mile route for the first time and Woody took Abigail to gymnastics for the first time. There are probably other firsts that happened today. Nathan and four of the six children went to Chattanooga for a gig this evening...so as the day wore on we had less and less children. Presently I need to head back as Woody and I are helping Kathy out till Nathan and crew return. Isaac was sleeping peacefully when I left...but no telling how long that will last. Woody is going to read Abigail some bedtime stories...she is rather tired as she had gymnastics for two hours for the first time.




Oh, and reps from TVA came this morning and spent three hours inspecting all that we have upgraded. I didn't think that Woody would ever get back over to the house due to the inspection! Kathy and Nathan were back from her surgery before Woody got back over. At least it is inspected and everything passed with one exception and our heat pump company came and corrected that so we are good to go and we are really seeing a big change between last year's and this year's usage...of course it helps that we have had a mild winter...every little way that we can save helps!




Now for a speedy recovery for Kathy. She seems to be doing quite well. I can relate to gall bladder surgery...I had it before Nathan turned 1, but I can't relate to the kind Kathy had as I had what I call "the big-bad-kind" with a scar that I call a zipper...not laproscopic surgery back then. I still think that gall bladder patients are dismissed a bit too early as it is still a serious surgery. Guess I am just old fashioned...I stayed in the hospital for about six days.

No comments:

Post a Comment