Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wearing of the Green & Junior Fly Day!











We had little visitors pretty early this morning to check to see if we were wearing green. I had warned Woody...but he was the only one not wearing green...sooooooooooo he got several pinches! The next exciting event for Graham and Abigail was getting to go to the Tullahoma airport and go up in a two passenger plane (they are better than I...I could not have done it!). I was a bit neglectful. A friend had called us earlier in the week and left a message to alert us to this event at the Tullahoma Airport...and Grammy forgot to relay the message. Luckily I got a friendly reminder this morning...and I called next door and Nathan scooped up Graham and Abigail and headed to the airport. The requirements for this flying experience was that they be 8 thru 17 years old and that there be one adult family member there to give permission. They were so happy that they had gotten to fly in a small plane. They both told us about it when they saw us this afternoon. This was a free event...a wonderful experience for them! Graham told me that there was only room for two people...for the pilot and the co-pilot...and that today he had been the co-pilot!






Woody and I went to the library and then walked the Tullahoma Greenway. That is where I was able to take the belly of one of the planes as it flew over on its way back to the airport. Woody and I had a nice walk. I will say that this is probably the first time in a long time that I got my daily requirement of vitamin D...and all from the sunshine! I have been outside quite a bit today...a rarity for me! After we finished walking the Greenway, we headed to Lowes to buy Graham some cabbage plants. Yesterday he and Goosey (Woody) planted broccoli and Graham told him that he wanted to plant some cabbage too, so Woody had told him that he would get him some cabbage plants today. After getting the cabbage, we stopped at WalMart to pick up a couple of things that we needed. Then we headed home. Shortly after we got home, Nathan stopped in to ask if we would watch Isaac while the rest of them went on a family bike ride. So we did! What a sweet baby! He did get a bit upset at the end of his visit...but finally he dozed off to sleep. Woody thinks that he discovered a favorite song for Isaac...Old MacDonald...Woody got quite a few big smiles while he was singing that to him. We both saw a lot of sweet smiles today! After they got back from their bike ride, Woody headed over to help Graham plant the cabbage and then after that Abigail came over to our house. She helped me with things in the kitchen while I was preparing our St. Patrick's dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage (and carrots, potatoes, and onions). Abigail headed back ho me after a quick thunder storm passed through. A bit later Woody and I had our annual St. Patty's Day supper. YUM! Woody is now watching basketball. Busy day! (Obviously I didn't get much more done around the house! But had a fun time!)






Oh, and Abigail is the winner! We had managed to lose a children's library book over at their house...Elijah had walked off with it, as it is one of his favorites and he managed to squirrel it away and it hadn't surfaced yet...it was to the point that it couldn't be renewed any more so Woody offered a free blizzard to whoever found it! Abigail found it on the bookself in their school room...so she is the winner. We will have to make a date with her for her to receive her prize. She thought that we had meant a Frosty (she is familiar with free ones of those) as she has never partaken of a Blizzard before...she's in for a treat! I get a free birthday Blizzard...so looks like Woody will be the only one paying!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment