Monday, March 19, 2012

Blizzards & Angry Birds!

Well, this was a day of firsts...we introduced Abigail (Thanks, Abigail, for finding the library book!) to Blizzards at Dairy Queen (she chose a Banana Cream Pie Blizzard) and Abigail introduced me to Angry Birds! I have joined the "next generation" and now have an iPad...my birthday gift from Woody. Can you see the big smile coming through cyberspace? The grandchildren are very versed in using these...so they have been showing me "how!" I'm only slightly confused! We did have school today...Joy came over and did her reading workbook, then she showed me a bit about the iPad...she introduced me to the camera. I have a funny one of me trying to figure out what was going on...all the while a movie was being taken...no picture...but you can hear me "wondering" what certain "buttons" were for! After she gave me a lesson she headed in to the sewing room to work some more on sewing on buttons. Graham did a condensation experiment and we "played" with Google Earth (we went to the Grand Canyon and my sister's house and our neighborhood) and an interactive weather site. After lunch Elijah and Esther came over for their school times and then Abigail came over to review her science lesson with me...she is studying about Monarch butterflies. Then we headed off to get her "reward for finding the library book Blizzard." After we got home, she decided to stay with me while Goosey went on his walk. He walked his four-mile-route today. He also did some yardwork. Now...we are settling in to watch the start of Dancing with the Stars.

1 comment:

  1. I got to play with my son's ipad while in Richmond last month. I think I want one! lol They sure can do a lot. I think the most fun thing was using your fingers to enlarge a picture. Like what you see on the NCIS /CSI series with the BIG computer screen where they move stuff around and enlarge it. Way too much fun.

    ReplyDelete