Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Thing of the Past!

The garden club program is a "thing of the past" now. This beautiful camellia along with two others was in attendance at the meeting also and I just had to snap a couple of pictures. Isn't it gorgeous! The weather is unbelievable warm for March...like a summer day. Graham did an experiment with a weather thermometer...in the sun it got to over 95f...in the shade it dropped down to 78f. Kathy and the children were in the mode of finding their summer clothes...and donning them! Good friends of ours gave Woody and me and Nathan and Kathy and family key fobs for free baby Frosties...for the whole year...when you make a purchase you can get free small Frosties...so this afternoon Nathan and a couple of the children made a run to Wendy's...bought a large order of French fries and got 10 baby Frosties! They told Nathan at the drive-thru window that they would have to see all 10 fobs and he said that it wasn't a problem that he had them to show them. He said that even the manager came to the window to check! Nathan explained that he had six children...they said that if they had known that he had 6 kids that they would have "given" him free Frosties...of course they did give him free Frosties since that was the deal! So he brought back 10...enough for Woody, me, Nathan, Kathy, Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, Elijah...and the 10th? well...the workman on their roof who was trying to fix a leak! Nathan had quite a climb up a ladder to deliver that one! Anyway, a nice afternoon treat! Woody, Kathy and the workman had vanilla and the rest of us had chocolate. Enjoyed by all!

I came home after that and went upstairs to continue to "wind down" after the program. I started to read and not too long after that I was asleep. Elijah came over to nap at our house so Nathan and Graham could go on a bike ride while all the girls and Isaac went to gymnastics. I remember hearing Nathan telling Elijah a story and then hearing Nathan leave...I think at that point I went to sleep...probably about the same time as Elijah! The next thing that I knew Elijah was standing next to me as he had awakened! We both had good naps!

When I got home from the garden club program, Woody was out in the back with the lawn mower. He had been mulching leaves. Earlier he and Elijah got the leaves out of one of the gardens in the back yard. He has read, played the computer in Scrabble, and is now watching basketball. Joy has spent some time with Goosey (Woody) today, too. And, Graham came over after Elijah went home to spend some time here. Now, for me to get the things put away that I took for the garden club program...wait a minute...guess I won't put everything away as I am planning to give the same program to my Sunday School class in a week and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment