Monday, December 23, 2013

A Few More Chairs ...

Just a few more chairs and the living room will be ready for our family Christmas festivities that will begin in the morning! We have been busy bees today. I've had all kinds of help. Woody has done initial preparations for several recipes and he must have dishpan hands by now! Graham came over this morning and I mentioned that we could use some help putting gifts under the tree, BUT that I needed to vacuum the living room first. Well, it wasn't long after that that he came back over and said that he was ready to vacuum. So he vacuumed the living room and then brought the presents down from upstairs and "arranged" them. Arranging to him was to put all the gifts for the adults at the back of the tree and all those for the children at the front of the tree! We have almost all of the menu items prepared and in the refrigerator just awaiting cooking time tomorrow. I still have two things that I can do tonight. Along with cooking and straightening up the house, I have also put in some time at the sewing machine. I had told Abigail that I would try to have my part of her outfit finished so she could wear it tomorrow if she wanted. And, I managed to get it finished and taken next door. I have made two trips to the car "fix-it shop" today...one time to pick Woody up after he dropped the car off and a little while ago we went to get the car. Woody left a few minutes ago to be a greeter at "Night In Bethlehem." I'm staying home to tie up loose ends...or maybe just rest a bit! 'Tis the Season!

1 comment:

  1. LOL re present arrangement! I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete